Dry Basements East Peoria IL
Give Yourself the Space You Need with Dry Basements in East Peoria IL
Rather than wasting time, money and valuable square footage to add space to your home, why not take advantage of the area you already have? For example, if your home has a wet, unfinished basement, this presents the perfect opportunity for expansion! However, before you can start making changes to your basement, you must ensure it’s free of water and moisture. K-Mag Basement Solutions can help you invest in dry basements in East Peoria IL, the first step towards a finished basement.
What Can You Expect with Dry Basements?
While water in your basement might seem like a common occurrence in your home, it shouldn’t be! It’s easy to write off or neglect some slight moisture in your basement; however, exposing your home to water comes with significant risks. Not to mention, a wet basement is not conducive to a healthy, comfortable living environment. Instead, with dry basements, you can expect:
- Comfortable Interiors
- Unfortunately, a damp and wet basement can lead to significant humidity in your basement. If nothing is done, that humidity can reach other parts of your home. In turn, your HVAC system has to work harder to maintain consistent temperatures, and you risk mold growth in darker parts of your home. By resolving the issue of water and moisture in your basement, you reduce your household’s humidity, enabling greater temperature control and less risk of mold.
- Secure Foundations
- While water doesn’t seem all that harmful, water damage can be a real detriment to a home’s walls and foundation. As water enters your basement, it can find its way into cracks and gaps in your basement wall and floor, causing these cracks to expand. As a result, parts of your foundation can shift, and the structural integrity of your home becomes compromised. To avoid these issues entirely, you require effective basement waterproofing.
- Expanded Living Spaces
- For many, the main goal of having a dry basement is to one day finish and furnish your space. Rather than an expensive addition, basement waterproofing and eventual finishing are significantly more affordable. Once your basement is dry and moisture-free, you can hang drywall, add carpeted floors, create additional rooms, and customize your space to your heart’s content. Best of all, you won’t need to worry about water damage ruining your hard work!
How Does K-Mag’s Waterproofing Work?
K-Mag Basement Solutions provides homeowners and businesses with several options for creating dry basements in East Peoria IL. Our expert contractors have 40 years of combined experience in the renovation industry, having helped hundreds of residents protect their homes from the ravages of water damage. As such, we implement some of the most effective, long-lasting waterproofing solutions. Our basement systems include:
- Interior Waterproofing System – Also referred to as a French Drain, our interior waterproofing system involves placing a channel under your basement slab that allows water to drain down the channel, into a sump pump, and out of your home.
- Sump Pumps – A sump pump can be installed alongside your French Drain system or standalone. Over time, your sump pump collects excess water in your basement, pumping it out if it begins to risk flooding and overflow.
- Vapor Barrier / Encapsulation – K-Mag can encapsulate your basement or crawl space with Grip-Tite Flexi-Seal sheeting if you want to keep water out altogether. This unique vapor barrier is exceptionally effective at repelling water and moisture, preventing any from seeping into your basement.
Discover the Best Basement Systems Near You
Whether you wish to protect your foundation, prevent mold growth, control your home’s temperature, or increase your space, dry basements in East Peoria IL make this all possible. To learn more about K-Mag Basement Solutions and our basement waterproofing and foundation repair, call 309-863-7671. We serve clients in the Greater Peoria area and throughout Central Illinois.