Dry Basements Peoria IL
Make the Most of Your Space with Dry Basements in Peoria IL
Your damp, musty basement isn’t suitable for much more than basic storage and space for laundry. To truly utilize your basement’s extra space, you must first consider effective waterproofing methods. Unfortunately, if your basement isn’t dry, you’re limited in how it can be used. Thankfully, turning your wet basements into dry basements in Peoria IL is not hard. With help from K-Mag Basement Solutions, we’ll clear your basement of water and moisture and make sure it stays that way.
Why Are Dry Basements a Must?
There’s some incredible value in dry basements! Not only does less humidity and moisture benefit the condition of your home, but dry basements are the first step toward completing a finished basement. It’s well worth the investment if your home’s basement lacks effective dewatering systems. As such, with a dry basement, you can expect:
- Protection for Your Belongings – Even a small amount of water in your basement can harm your belongings. Humidity alone can damage important documents and paper goods. Additionally, anything you store on or near your basement floor is at risk of water damage. By installing a basement system, you avoid these issues entirely.
- Less Chance for Mold Growth – A damp, wet basement is the perfect environment for mold and bacteria to grow. If left unchecked, mold growth can spread to other portions of your home and create musty odors and potential health problems for your household. Thankfully, by controlling water in your basement, you deprive mold of the moisture it needs to thrive.
- Reduced Flood Risk – Consistent rain and snow in the Midwest can leave residents guessing how much water they’ll get in their basements! As anyone with a flooded basement will tell you, there’s considerable work to be done to resolve it. However, with the addition of basement dewatering systems, the risk of flooded basements is significantly reduced.
- Protection for Your Home – Water damage is no laughing matter, especially in your basement. Water and shifting soil already place pressure on your foundation. With the addition of water getting into your basement and settling into cracks and gaps in concrete, your home’s foundation can become severely compromised. Basement waterproofing can prevent such problems from getting worse.
- Expansion of Your Space – Without a dry basement, you’re missing out on a significant amount of usable space in your home. By adding dewatering systems, your basement can be finished and transformed into bedrooms, recreation rooms, play spaces, exercise rooms, and more.
What Basement Systems Do You Need?
How can you maintain a dry basement in Peoria IL? The answer is simple: with expertly installed basement dewatering systems from K-Mag! Our team of basement contractors has over 40 years of experience, delivering exceptional results using the highest quality products and materials available. Additionally, we partner with Grip-Tite Manufacturing to deliver the best waterproofing solutions outside the standard. The basement systems we help install include:
- Interior Waterproofing System – Against the wall and under your basement slab, we install a convenient channel where water is intercepted and funneled toward a sump pump. This waterproofing system is also known as a French Drain.
- Sump Pumps – Part or apart from French Drains, K-Mag can install sump pumps and pits in your basement. When water levels rise past a certain point, risking potential flooding, a sump pump will activate to pump excess water out and away from your home.
- Vapor Barrier / Encapsulation – The Grip-Tite Flexi-Seal sheeting is our best, most effective, and longest-lasting waterproofing solution. We apply uniquely designed vapor barriers to the interior walls and floor of your basement/crawlspace, completely encapsulating it to prevent water leakage, damage and flooding.
Talk with Our Basement Contracting Team
With how unpredictable Midwestern weather can be, there’s never been a better time to invest in dry basements in Peoria IL. If interested in expert waterproofing for your basement, give the professionals at K-Mag Basement Solutions a call! To learn more about our waterproofing or foundation repair services, call 309-863-7671. We serve clients in the Greater Peoria area and throughout Central Illinois.