Basement Systems Peoria IL
Eliminate Water and Moisture with Effective Basement Systems in Peoria IL
There’s nothing more frustrating than waking up after a rainstorm to find your basement has flooded. Now, you have a day of drying and dehumidifying ahead of you, with no clue as to the full extent of water damage done to your home. However, rather than continually risk flooding your basement again, you ought to do something about it! With help from K-Mag Basement Solutions, we can equip your home with exceptional basement systems in Peoria IL to keep it dry and free of most moisture. Call today to learn more.
Why Do You Need a Dry Basement?
In truth, many homeowners basements throughout the Midwest currently don’t have dewatering systems in place. At K-Mag, we believe this is a mistake! Even if you only use your basement as storage, basement systems do more than keep your basement dry; they protect your home and belongings. As such, some of the benefits of having a dry basement include:
- Safe Storage Space
- If your basement isn’t finished or doesn’t have a dewatering system, you likely aren’t using it for much more than storage. However, even K-Mag’s basement systems prove beneficial for creating more storage space. With a sump pump or waterproofing, water won’t flood and pool in your basement. This means you now have considerably more “floor space” for storing boxes, documents, and other belongings more susceptible to water damage.
- Reduced Water Damage
- Flooding basements are more than annoying; they can be dangerous! No matter how minor, water damage can infiltrate your home’s walls and foundation, causing mold/bacterial growth and adding cracks along your basement floor or making them worse. Both problems are hazardous in their own right; mold growth can be a serious health concern, and a cracked/crumbling foundation negatively impacts the structural stability of your home.
- Increased Living Space
- If the plan for your basement is to finish it and create additional living space for your home, you can’t begin that process until your basement is waterproofed. Additional living space in your basement is great when you want to add a recreation room, create more bedrooms, or maximize your square footage. However, if your basement isn’t “dry,” water and moisture risk ruining any finishing work you do.
Our Basement Systems
As our name implies, K-Mag Basement Solutions specializes in the best basement systems for Peoria IL homeowners and businesses. Our waterproofing systems are incredibly effective and installed by expert contractors with over 40 combined years of experience in basement waterproofing. The systems we offer include:
- Interior Waterproofing System – Also called a French Drain, this waterproofing system involves installing a channel below your basement concrete slab that funnels extra water entering your home to a sump pump.
- Sump Pumps – We can also help install sump pumps and pits apart from our interior waterproofing system. When the groundwater level becomes too much, a sump pump helps pump excess water away from your basement to prevent flooding.
- Vapor Barrier / Encapsulation – Rather than funneling water out of your basement when levels get too high, our Grip-Tite Flexi-Seal sheeting keeps water out entirely! We encapsulate your crawlspace or basement with a vapor barrier that prevents moisture and water from entering your home.
Talk with Expert Basement Contractors
There’s no need to put up with your wet, humid basement any longer! With the best basement systems in Peoria IL, you can guarantee a dry basement and take advantage of the extra space now available to you. Learn more about waterproofing your basement by calling K-Mag Basement Solutions at 309-863-7671. We serve clients in the Greater Peoria area and throughout Central Illinois.