Basement Systems East Peoria IL
Protect Your Home with Expertly Installed Basement Systems in East Peoria IL
Midwesterners rely on basement space quite a bit! Basements are ripe with potential, whether for extra storage or increased living space. However, without waterproofing your basement, you’re significantly more limited in what you can do with it. Not to mention, there are some negative aspects to having a “wet” basement. For these reasons, homeowners and businesses invest in effective basement systems in Peoria IL. To find the best basement systems installed by contracting experts, call K-Mag Basement Solutions today.
What Do Dry Basements Help Prevent?
With the volume of rain and snow the Midwest can get during any given season, you play a dangerous game by not having a basement dewatering system. Not only are wet or flooded basements inconvenient for using your space, but water damage can impact other aspects of your home. Thankfully, dry, waterproofed basements resolve such issues as:
- Flooding – With a sump pump and French drain, these systems work in tandem to control water escaping into your basement. As such, water levels are kept low to avoid potential flooding.
- Mold/Bacterial Growth – With increased moisture in your basement, mold and bacteria are much more likely to grow and thrive. If left unchecked, mold spores can get into your ventilation, infesting the air you breathe and causing household health issues.
- Structural Damage – Over time, if water in a basement is left unchecked, it can seep into cracks in your walls or foundation, causing additional damage that further compromises the structural integrity of your home. Sealing these cracks and preventing further water damage is key to proper waterproofing.
- Humidity – The more moisture in your basement, the more humid it can become. Unfortunately, this humidity can spread to other parts of your home, causing your HVAC to work harder to maintain consistent temperatures. In turn, increased HVAC usage can lead to expensive utility bills.
- Water Damage – If you use your basement as storage or living space, any excess water is detrimental to the condition of your interior. Water can easily damage boxes or paper goods close to the ground, ruin carpets, stain walls and furniture, and cause musky smells.
What Basement System is Best for Your Home?
K-Mag Basement Solutions offers exceptional basement systems for East Peoria IL properties. Our basement waterproofing methods are effective and long-lasting, enabling safe use of your belowground space. With over 40 years in the basement contracting industry, we’ve built our reputation on high-quality service, outstanding products, and highly competitive pricing. Allow our contractors to help you select the best basement system for your home:
- Interior Waterproofing System – We install a channel below your basement concrete slab to direct water that enters your basement toward a sump pump for it to be carried out.
- Sump Pumps – A sump pump works in tandem with our interior waterproofing. As water levels rise, a sump pump will engage, preventing water from flooding your basement by pumping it out and away from your home.
- Vapor Barrier / Encapsulation – K-Mag partners with Grip-Tite Manufacturing to install watertight vapor barriers for your basement or crawlspace. This barrier seals cracks and gaps, preventing water or moisture from entering your basement.
Call K-Mag’s Basement Contractors
No matter how you wish to utilize your basement, you can’t truly do so until you install basement systems in East Peoria IL. Equip your basement with the best dewatering system available, with products and installation supplied by K-Mag Basement Solutions. To learn more about our basement waterproofing and foundation repair, call 309-863-7671. We serve clients in the Greater Peoria area and throughout Central Illinois.